Apply for Network Advertising Initiative Membership Today!
Founded in 2000, the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) helps the world’s leading providers of third-party advertising technologies to honor the highest data collection and use standards for online advertising. We are THE member organization for advertising networks, platforms, exchanges and other third parties in the online advertising ecosystem. We represent more than 90 companies that are focused on engaging with consumers online while respecting their privacy.
Member companies count on the NAI to ensure they are complying with rapidly evolving best practices and standards. Agencies, brands and publishers that work with NAI members recognize the value of this commitment. Many even require NAI membership as a prerequisite for doing business.
- Earn brand business and consumer trust.
- Shape the future of OBA best practices and innovation.
- Stay informed on self-regulation standards and breaking news through access to regular webinars, member communications and meetings.
- Gain access to NAI experts for corporate, sales and client summit agendas, webinars and industry research.
- Take action in NAI public policy efforts.
- Collaborate with industry leaders and peers.
What the NAI Does
- Establishes and helps to ensure compliance with the strictest standards governing notice and choice for the online advertising ecosystem.
- Empowers consumers to make meaningful choices about Interest-Based Advertising through a simple, easy-to-use opt-out page. Millions of consumers have found and used our opt-out tools.
- Educates consumers about online advertising and the choices available to them.
- Informs stakeholders across the online advertising ecosystem, including digital advertising companies (networks, DSPs, SSPs, exchanges, data intermediaries, agencies, brands, publishers), regulators, journalists, privacy advocates, and academics about data protection practices and standards.
- Serves as a resource for agencies and brands that have questions about their notice and choice obligations and the digital advertising partners with whom they should work.
- Supports partner programs like the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) and enables research to extend the understanding of a complex Interest-Based Advertising ecosystem.
- Offers tools and best practices that promote members’ status as “premier” participants in the online advertising ecosystem.
- Helps to ensure members’ ongoing adherence to robust standards and best practices through the NAI’s annual compliance review process. No other program in the industry requires annual reviews.