Opt Out of Interest-Based Advertising
NAI members are committed to transparency and choice. The NAI opt-out tool was developed in conjunction with our members for the express purpose of allowing consumers to "opt out" of the Interest-Based Advertising delivered by our members.
Some of the ads you receive on Web pages are customized based on predictions about your interests generated from your visits over time and across different Web sites. This type of ad customization — sometimes called “online behavioral” or “interest-based” advertising — is enabled through your computer browser and browser cookies. Such online advertising helps support the free content, products and services you get online.
Using the tools on this page, you can opt out from receiving Interest-Based Advertising from some or all of our participating companies.
- Find out which participating companies have currently enabled customized ads for your browser;
- See all NAI members and learn more about their advertising and privacy practices;
- Check whether you’ve already opted out from member companies;
- Opt out of browser-enabled interest-based advertising by some or all members, using opt-out cookies to store your preferences in your browser; or
- Use the “Choose All Companies” feature to opt out from all currently participating companies in one step.
Following an opt out, the companies listed below cease collecting and using data from across web domains owned or operated by different entities for the purpose of delivering advertising based on preferences or interests known or inferred from the data collected (Interest Based Advertising or IBA).
Opting out does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the company or companies from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
If you have any questions, please visit our FAQ section.